Karat® by Lollicup™ headquartered in Chino, CA, is the manufacturer of Karat® & Karat Earth® food disposable packaging and TeaZone® beverage products, the master distributor of other leading brands’ coffee & tea ingredients (such as Da Vinci, Big Train, Monin etc), and we also specializes in custom print and innovative packaging. We have been recognized for our thermoforming plastic capabilities in North America to produce cups and food packaging products that allow us to offer competitive pricing throughout our distribution network (currently 5 regional warehouses are located in CA, TX, SC, WA and NJ), and services to chain accounts such as Panda Express, Chili’s, TGI Friday, Flame Broiler, Torchy’s Taco, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and more.
Corporate Website: https://karatpackaging.com/
The Plant Safety Officer provides technical safety and health support to plant and corporate personnel. Develops safety and health programs and objectives and coordinates safety training programs. Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
Position Type, salary and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position with an annual salary range of $55,000-65,000, based on experience. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Prepares written safety and health programs and policies.
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs, and onboarding of new hires.
- Participates in new machinery /process reviews, including job safety analysis, operator training, etc.
- Promotes safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Coordinate fire prevention plan, hot working permits, and contractors’ safety.
- Audits practices and records of plants to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations.
- Monitors lost-time injuries/illnesses and worker’s compensation claims.
- Verify that Environmental policies are followed, regulate confined space access.
- Deal with external bodies for permits and authorizations when necessary.
- Maintain register for hazardous materials and Material Safety Data Sheets.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment and plant floor. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing some duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration; the noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety science, engineering or industrial hygiene discipline.
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing operations.
- Certified safety professional (CSP).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year